By Jorge Alvarez Von Maack
Fans argue in his favor that the bull dies with honor. that the bull prefers to be tortured before dying? Do you think that it is justified to martyr and kill an animal just to amuse and financially benefit a small group of people?
I am pleased to bring you some personal concepts and others gathered from different commentators, who I am sure will contribute with you, on this questioned topic.
Our humanist, nationalist and dedicated team of collaborators, of recognized and selfless mission at the service of the Peruvian community, with valuable experiences on the national reality and the protection, integration and communication with our extensive heritage as capital: social, and natural, has developed an organization, with broad participation, free and voluntary and non-profit: PADECUN. That educates, responds and provides legitimate alternatives to the various needs and requirements that the Peruvian people need for their humanistic development, assuming their rights and duties before the globalized community.
01) Should we call it art?: First of all, we must apologize to the artists who make art. We cannot call "a r t e" the act, bloody and inhuman, of encouraging torture, with public and publicized joy, against a defenseless being called t o r o. If someone insists on calling it "art" we must add the qualifiers of degrading, vile, harmful, destructive, offensive art to promote it or compare it with everyone who develops true art as one of the highest manifestations of human experience.
02) Can we call it cultural spectacle ?: Can we call "culture" a decadent expression of barbarism, whose vision only stimulates and inflames the beast or animal side of man, which aggravates human beings, feeding subsequent violence that threatens moral principles and human evolution, for the benefit of the businessman and a few "amateurs."
03) How to catalog it? It is cataloged with a bloody spectacle such as the fighting of dogs, roosters and others.
04) Is it a tradition? Part of the world "on the way to civilization", in which we try to include ourselves, tends to no longer promote all kinds of tradition, entertainment, sport, etc., where the one who kills more or better wins, such as "pigeon shooting" , underwater hunting (of which I have been a respected cult), safaris, etc. And in the case of "bullfighting", the one who kills the best is rewarded, it is unheard of ..., the one who best harps the body of the bull is applauded, celebrated and rewarded the banderillas, (say steel and wood harpoons of three hundred grams c / or). The best picador that sinks the rod is awarded (say a sharp point 04 cm in diameter and two meters fifty centimeters long). And finally "the mataor ..." is rewarded who best does his job and kills even the "fist" with his sword ... (of course, if he kills badly, he loses the date and perhaps the scapular).
05) What is the current capacity of the INC (National Institute of Culture) to qualify it as cultural? The classification of the INC as a "cultural spectacle" does not surprise us, nor does it move us, because in the last fifteen years, the country has not had a qualified director of the National Institute of Culture, who is not under the direct control of the Minister of Education, according to Ministers of recent years have revealed it to me. Including Don Felipe García Escudero (Timoteo). They say that Repetto, one of the last directors, was named at a lunch in the "corner of Arequipa" "seasoned with a lot of kid and snitch ... Likewise, it is unfortunate that in Peru there is no coherent policy in relation to the valuable, and the only Cultural Heritage, with fifteen thousand years of history, that our ancestors have bequeathed to us… Therefore, let us declare "the Culture of Dueling" as long as this absurd cultural qualification of slaughter of bulls exists.
06) Let's talk about statistics !!
He says that the "courageous bullfighter" is exposed to the uncontrolled force of the bull, but a statistic says it all: for every hundreds of thousands of dead bulls, only one bullfighter dies.
07) Let's talk about the cult of the traditional !!!
It is spoken and written that this is a national tradition, a cultural manifestation of five hundred years of candor from Lima, which must continue, but not all traditions are good or worthy of promoting, for example and following the "tradition" criterion, we should revive the cannibalistic treatment of the ancient "Moches", who after a war (type "Shining Path"), ate their enemies to transmit their energy. Also, since it is a national tradition, we should revive the funeral ritual of the "Lord of Sipan", who was buried after sacrifice together with his wives, entourage, lovers, personal guard including his dogs. Also, for the sake of Peruvian traditions and with the forgiveness of Ricardo Palma, we should rescue that of "the Maiden of Ampato" and allow the years to get drunk again and sacrifice a maiden at the Cumbre del Misti, Chachani, etc. Likewise, before entering the Pachacamac Sanctuary we should carry out a six-month purification, neither eat meat, nor chili pepper, nor alcohol, nor have sexual relations ... etc, etc, etc ... Our newborns should also go through the practice of the ritual of being submerged at birth in the icy waters of Las Cochas (Those who live are fit ...) And in order to have judicial power, following the traditions, we revive the "Holy Court of the Inquisition" and through an "act of faith", in the Lima's main square or Plaza Mayor, let's judge them. And to the rack or to the stake to the blasphemers, homosexuals, transvestites, vedettes, figuretis and cojudos of those that abound in the country. Let's promote the brave "jala pato" that heads the ducks on horseback at the time of mountain carnivals and the "yawar fiesta" in which the bull fights with the condor, as narrated by José Maria Arguedas.
Let's spread the "Servinacuy" or Andean trial marriage. Total is more indigenous and without rancor ?; Long live the "Yunsa" that destroys 100,000 trees a year, a serious and irreversible ecological damage. And to finish, "Chacchemos" coca !!! And all for being a pre-Hispanic sacred tradition ...
O8) But let's talk about the bull !!!:
A ruminant mammal, therefore, spends much of its life in an almost lethargic state, promoted by its ruminant-specific physiological anatomy. It is defined as a "meek" being. However, the fighting bull has been obtained through an artificial selection (induced by man) to obtain factors of attack and bravery.
A) The bulls charge the color red? False the bull like the great majority of animals do not distinguish colors. Studies carried out in this regard affirm that the bull attacks the objects that are annoying and that above all they move. On the other hand, the arrangement of the horns and the cellular arrangement of the retina is similar to that of those people who do not appreciate colors and only see in black and white. The position of the eyes on the sides of the head or its visual field of the bull is one 260 degrees.
B) The horns are derivations of the frontal bone: they grow in an aerodynamic way, they are hollow and they are formed by these plates and partitions that reinforce the bone. Bone mass is distributed within a highly sensitive network. When the bull is "shaved", that is to say when the tips of its horns are filed, anatomophysiological activities are lost. The file produces intense pain and lasers its caloric control, the perception of distance and functions. The fighting bull is an animal as sensitive to pain as you and me, it has nerve receptors, and others located in "golgi receptors".
C) Is the bull afraid? He feels intense fear, from the cruel confinement he suffers before the bullfight. There he is martyred with strong blows with sandbags. Cotton swabs are placed in his nose and throat to suffocate him. Chinese menthol in his eyes to blind him. He goes out into the ring, hears the screams and begins the moment of his crude torture with the pike that cuts his back muscles to lower his head, six harpoons (supposedly flags) are placed, which destroy his back with each movement. The bull terrified, tired, panting, full of intense thirst, exacerbated by bleeding and agitation and still tries to defend himself ..; he is forced to attack the movement of the bullfighter's cape until the sword penetrates him, passing through visors and lungs, causing internal bleeding. Then the puja breaks the spinal cord but the bull comes out alive, dragged out of the plaza. Later the bull dies drowned in his own blood and he!
09) Fans argue in their favor that:
The bull dies with honor ... On the other hand, in a slaughterhouse he loses the opportunity to fight for his life ... So let's meditate together - do you think? that the bull knows what honor is ...? -Do you believe. that the bull prefers to be tortured before dying ...? Do you believe that in the chalets people enjoy the suffering and death of the animals that are sacrificed there for human sustenance ...? Do you think that it is justified to martyr and kill an animal just to amuse and financially benefit a small group of people ...?
10) Why is it called a Religious Festival?
We can preach respect for creation and Christian principles if we enjoy the martyrdom of a being that is part of creation. The silent position of the Catholic Church before the use of the "Scapular of the Lord of Miracles", to integrate it into a cruel act, goes against all precept of the church, makes it an accomplice of this "spectacle" therefore it is also guilty . Do you think that priests should celebrate mass in the bullring itself knowing that this maximum communion of love God-man is forming part of a spectacle, not worthy of any religion ...? The vested interests in "the bullfight" are stronger than the church itself.
11) And what does the Peruvian law say?
The Peruvian penal code approved by decree No. 635 of April 3, 1991, in its chapter iv: offenses against good customs, 450, paragraph 04, says that: it will be punished with the provision of community service, ten to thirty days, which commits acts against an animal, mistreats it or subjects it to excessive efforts.
The bullfight: it is a "bad" festival, in which the only one who does not celebrate or entertain is the bull ...; imposed by the Spanish conquerors. That it does not generate more tourism because the bullfights are definitely not "attractive" to tourists (see tourist income statistics). The "bullfighting festival" must be definitively abolished and eradicated for being barbaric, aberrant and for denigrating the human race, in an illogical, cruel confrontation. The month of October should be a month of the Lord, of Christian meditation, of Syrians, and of sweet nougat ...
* Jorge Alvarez Von Maack
President of the Peruvian Cultural and Natural Heritage Defense Board
Bajada agua dulce street 185-a, chorrillos
Cell 9862-8384 9931-5239
Messages 241-4141 # 4798