We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
This delicious recipe combines the powerful flavor of tofu with the original flavor of turmeric, which in turn has properties that make it a powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant.
Although turmeric is a much less used and perhaps less valued spice than saffron, it is a true treasure for the kitchen that adds color and great flavor to many dishes. Also cheaper.
It is an ingredient that must be used with caution, since an excess would give a touch too bitter. Its use is characteristic of Indian cuisine, where it is used mixed with other spices to achieve different flavors when seasoning.
For its part, tofu or soy cheese, gains in flavor when we mix it with turmeric, either in fillings, sautéed or on skewers.
INGREDIENTS FOR 4 SERVINGS
300g tofu, diced
2 red onions
1 tablespoon of lemon juice
1 teaspoon turmeric
1/4 of teaspoon of black pepper
1 tablespoon of black sesame
Fresh cilantro, finely chopped
Olive oil and salt
Soy sauce (optional)
PREPARATION (15 MINUTES + 10 MINUTES OF COOKING)
Prepare a sauce with the lemon, turmeric, pepper, half the coriander, a tablespoon of chopped onion, salt, oil and, if you wish, soy sauce.
- Add the tofu to the mixture and marinate for half an hour.
- Cut the rest of the onion into thin slices, leave them in water for a few minutes and drain well.
- Skewer the tofu on previously moistened skewers
- Cook the skewers in the oven preheated to 180 ° C or on the grill.
- Sprinkle with the sesame and the rest of the coriander.
- Serve with the onion cut into very thin rings.
Authors: M. Núñez, C. Navarro and Montse Tàpia, for Cuerpomente