Summer is coming and many people want to show off their golden skin from the sun. That is why we share this recipe for a natural bronzer to make at home.
It should be clarified that this natural bronzer will be the complement of a sunscreen to prevent the skin from burning and suffering severe damage that may affect its health and appearance.
Homemade carrot bronzer
The carrot is the most effective food to enhance the tan and make the skin look golden. The reason is that it is a vegetable very rich in beta-carotene that stimulates the pigmentation of the skin, making it tan faster. In addition to this, it has antioxidant components which help protect the skin against the harmful effects of ultraviolet rays.
Here are two recipes that give excellent results prepared with carrots:
- Carrot and coconut oil bronzer: wash 4 carrots without peeling them, cut them into slices and blend them. Add about 10 drops of coconut oil and process both ingredients until they are completely integrated.
- Carrot, olive oil and honey bronzerBy adding these last two products the lotion will also have a moisturizing effect. Cut 3 carrots into slices, put them in the blender, add 3 tablespoons of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of honey. Process until obtaining a uniform and homogeneous mixture.
To keep the properties of bronzers intact, it is preferable to pack them in dark glass jars and keep them in the refrigerator or in a dry place free of humidity.
How to use homemade bronzers
It is important that before applying it to the skin, some basic measures are taken into account to prevent UV rays from deeply damaging the dermis, dehydrating or burning it. In this way, it is essential that:
- Do not use these bronzers in isolation. First, the skin must be protected with a good sunscreen with a high protection factor (minimum of 30). It is very important to apply it 30 minutes before exposing yourself to the sun.
- It is not advisable to be exposed to the sun for a long time with these lotions, since UV rays could damage the skin excessively.
- Avoid applying them to delicate and sensitive areas such as the face, remembering that you should always use a specific sunscreen to protect the skin of the face from the sun.
- It is preferable to use these lotions to enhance and maintain the tan and not to expose yourself to the sun with them.