Don't miss out on these carrot cupcakes. They're easy to make, with walnuts, cinnamon, and a scrumptious cream cheese topping..
(for 10-12 cupcakes according to size)
- 4 eggs
- 150 gr of sugar
- 100 gr of carrot
- 75 ml of sunflower oil
- 150 gr of flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon yeast
- a pinch of salt
- 50 gr of very chopped walnuts
For the cream cheese topping (optional)
- 125 gr of cream cheese
- 60 g of icing sugar (icing)
- 25 g of butter
- In a bowl, beat the eggs and sugar. When they foam, add the oil and the finely grated carrot (raw) and mix well.
- Sift the flour, cinnamon and yeast over the mixture. Add the pinch of salt and mix everything with enveloping movements so that the dough is airy and fine.
- Finally we add the chopped walnuts and integrate well.
- Now we will go on to fill the muffin molds to a little more than half. We take to the preheated oven at 180 ºC for approximately 25 minutes.
- When we see that they have risen and are cooked (we prick with a toothpick) we remove them and let them cool.
To make the cream cheese
We beat all the ingredients with a few rods until a smooth white cream is left. Then with a spatula we cover the top of each cupcake (see the photos). Decorate with some chopped nuts and serve.