To vary the usual breakfast with toast, we can add a touch of cinnamon and start the day with more flavor.
To prepare two cinnamon toasts you will need:
- 90 g of butter at room temperature.
- 2.5 tablespoons of ground cinnamon.
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar.
- 2 slices of sliced bread.
- A pinch of salt.
You will also need a non-stick pan to cook them.
How to prepare cinnamon toast
Although it is as easy to prepare as any other, cinnamon toast requires a bit of preparation. In addition, we are going to do without the toaster to cook them directly on a non-stick pan.
1: We mix
First of all, mix the 90 g of butter with the two and a half tablespoons of cinnamon and the two tablespoons of brown sugar. Although the latter can be reduced if you do not have a sweet tooth. It must be homogeneous in both color and texture.
The best way to do this is to have the butter at room temperature, since if it is cold it will be almost impossible. I do not recommend that you put it in the microwave, since if it melts it will not work for the recipe.
2: We spread on both sides
Once we have the cinnamon butter ready, it is time to spread it generously on both sides of the sliced bread. Although anyone is worth it, my recommendation is to use thick bread. If you prefer you can also use a loaf of bread.
3: Toast in the pan
Finally, we put the non-stick pan on the heat and toast the slices on both sides. It is not necessary to add oil, since the butter will ensure that it does not stick. As for the temperature, it is best to start over high heat and then lower it a little to avoid burning.
Once the cinnamon toasts are browned they are ready to eat, although before spreading it in the coffee I recommend adding a pinch of salt.
Properties of cinnamon
01. Helps control blood glucose levels, thanks to the B1 cinnamtannin. This compound stimulates insulin receptors, also inhibits an enzyme that inactivates them, increasing the cells' ability to assimilate glucose. For this, it is recommended to consume cinnamon on an empty stomach and after eating.
02. They promote good digestion, as they contain significant amounts of dietary fiber, iron and calcium. This allows the elimination of bile salts from the body; By not eliminating them correctly, it can harm the colon. Due to its spicy flavor, it also activates the digestive fire of the stomach.
03. By stimulating the digestive system, cinnamon is an excellent support for weight loss. Helps eliminate fat accumulations, reduce the presence of cholesterol and triglycerides; likewise, it helps prevent heart disease. Consuming cinnamon infusion on a regular basis prevents the accumulation of fat, especially in the abdomen - the most harmful form that exists.
04. It can also be used as a natural antidiarrheal and antiemetic —in other words, it controls vomiting and nausea. Caution should be taken when using it to control these conditions during pregnancy, as cinnamon is so strong that it could be abortive when consumed in large quantities. Better we should avoid it in pregnancy or suspicion of it.
05. It has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, which is why it is excellent for treating colds or flu. It can be taken in capsules or prepare an infusion of cinnamon with fresh ginger - take the tablespoons of apple cider vinegar, to reinforce -. Cinnamon helps reduce coughs and lower fever, without the annoying drowsy effect of medications.
06. Stimulates brain functions, especially in older adults. According to a study conducted by the Florida Association for Chemoreception Sciences, patients who chewed natural cinnamon-flavored gum showed better results in tasks related to attention processes, visual memory, recognition, and visual speed.
07. It is an effective natural anticoagulant. It prevents the excessive accumulation of platelets in the blood, bringing this process to normal levels - in case of taking some anticoagulant treatment, or if you have hepatitis, it is better to avoid its consumption. Due to this wonderful property, it is an excellent remedy for women with painful menstrual periods.
08. Cinnamon is full of essential vitamins and minerals for our body, such as vitamin C, vitamin B1, iron, potassium, calcium and phosphorus.