A crunchy and delicious quinoa cake dough, suitable for sweet or savory cakes. Fully vegan and suitable for celiacs.
The ideas to incorporate quinoa, this ancestral superfood, into our kitchen never run out: from cookies, burgers, pizza, chili peppers, salad, risotto or crepes.
Super versatile, just changing organic sugar or agave honey for sea salt and pepper can you use it in sweet or savory preparations.
Quinoa Tart Dough Recipe (courtesy of Biolage Raw)
- 1 cup of quinoa (170g)
- 1.5 cups of filtered water
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds
- 2 tablespoons filtered water
- sea salt and pepper to taste if you make it salty, or 3 tablespoons of organic sugar or agave syrup if you make it sweet.
- Grind the flax seeds in the blender to obtain flax flour. Mix the flax flour with 2 tablespoons of water. Let rest.
- Wash the quinoa until all the saponin (like soapy water) is removed. Cook the quinoa in water: 1 cup of quinoa and 1.5 cups of filtered water. Boil, stir and cover the pot, lowering the heat to low. Cook over low heat for 10 minutes or until the water is completely absorbed.
- Remove from heat, stir and cover again.
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC
- Let the quinoa cool until it is warm and can be kneaded.
- Add the flax flour and knead, add water until it forms a dough that can be worked with your hands.
- Place the dough in a cake tin greased with vegetable oil. Press with your fingers to line it.
- Bake for 25 minutes.