Usable part: the root
Dose: 1-2 g fresh ginger, or 1/2 to 1 g dry or powdered ginger
Systems: nervous, respiratory and digestive.
Caution: Do not ingest in case of skin inflammations, high fever, ulcers and bleeding. Consumption is not recommended in case of pregnancy.
The best way to consume it is fresh without the skin. IMPORTANT: you must be careful when buying powdered ginger, as it can often be mixed with the skin.
- Stimulate appetite and digestion, reduce heaviness after meals and eliminate toxins:
- Ginger infusion with raw honey in the morning, especially for people of Kapha constitution.
- Facilitate digestion, take a centimeter of ginger with salt, chew; suck and then swallow.
- Before heavy meals
- The same indication if you cannot eat on time, take it 5 minutes before eating.
- In case of indigestion or excessive thirst: drink ginger infusion, hot, warm or at room temperature.
Headache and colds:
Mix water and ginger, make a paste and put as a poultice on the forehead. Be careful with people of a pitted constitution or with alterations in the skin.
Also in case of colds, congestion and flu:
Infusion of ground ginger, cinnamon and fennel (1 teaspoon of each species). Sweeten with raw honey. Or simply infusion of ginger with honey. IMPORTANT: when adding the honey, the infusion must be warm, not hot.
Rheumatoid arthritis or swelling in the joints:
Make a paste of ginger powder (2-5 gr) mix with castor oil and apply on the affected part.
To remove the toxic part of coffee: add dried ginger inside it.