But the majority of people who are exposed to heavy metals in today's times are through their food, water, vaccines, or the air around them. The good news is that there are natural ways to chelate heavy metals from the body.
In large amounts, heavy metal toxicity can cause numerous symptoms including headache, nausea, vomiting, sweating, and even death. In lower toxic amounts of lead or mercury, for example, can have very subtle effects. In either case, however, the body getting rid of these harmful metals is important.
The removal of heavy metals from the body is known as chelation. This word actually comes from the Greek word "claw" and was used by early practitioners who saw substances that they believed grabbed a hold of metals and carried them out of the body through the digestive system.
Fortunately, there are foods with natural chelating properties. In cases of minor exposure, it is not necessary to spend a fortune on medications and even supplements in order to restore optimal health. The following are the natural heavy metal chelating agents.
• Amino Acids: Amino acids are very good at removing metals from the body - so good for meat eaters. These proteins are found in eggs and fish, among other things, and can work to increase liver health and balance enzyme production.
• Coriander: Coriander is just a super-herb that can effectively remove heavy metals (aluminum, mercury, and lead, in particular) - in just two weeks. Also, because these metals can dampen the immune system, coriander is also recognized as an immune-booster.
• Activated Charcoal - Dr. Al Sears, MD, has his patients use food-grade activated charcoal for general detoxification, which includes heavy metal detoxification. For heavy metal detoxifying, a total of 20 grams per day, separated into two to four doses, is recommended over a 12-day period. I prefer to take a full scoop once in the morning, well before breakfast for general detoxification.
• Brazil nuts: Not necessarily a chelation food, Brazil nuts actually work to restore minerals, such as selenium and zinc, that can be lost in the chelation process.
• Onions and garlic: The sulfur in onions and garlic can also work to remove heavy metals. Along with these, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, and cabbage are also high in sulfur.
• Chlorella: Chlorella algae is known above all for its ability to remove toxins from the body. Among the incredible properties of chlorella algae are its ability to detoxify the liver, intestines and blood. It can be found in supplement form or as a powder to add to various dishes.
Chlorella seaweed contains 19 amino acids, vitamins, all the major minerals, and enough beta carotene to make it a powerful antioxidant.
Retrieved from http://naturalsociety.com/6-foods-natural-heavy-metal-chelation/