Sweet Potato can be found in many varieties, such as with white, red, orange skin and with red, yellow or purple pulp.
Sweet Potato is mostly used in gastronomy due to its sweet taste, since the longer it is under cooking time, the greater its sweetness.
Sweet potato is often confused with a type of potato, but Sweet Potato belongs to the Convulvaceae family, unlike potatoes that belong to the Solanaceae family.
But did you know that in addition to its gastronomic purposes, the Sweet Potato has fabulous beneficial properties for your health? Let's see!
Properties and benefits.
The Sweet Potato has a large amount of starch, which is a natural sugar for the body, vitamins, fibers, which help with good digestion, and minerals such as potassium.
Among its vitamins are Beta-carotene (provitamin A), B1, C and E.
One of its characteristics is that the more yellow its root, the more beta-carotene it has. It also has fatty acids, lysine and antioxidants in its skin and pulp.
Here we present a list of the components of the Sweet Potato or Sweet Potato:
• Retinol known as Vitamin A.
• Thiamine known as Vitamin B1.
• Riboflavin known as Vitamin B2.
• Niacin known as Vitamin B3.
• Pantothenic acid known as Vitamin B5.
• Vitamin B6.
• Folic Acid known as Vitamin B9.
• Vitamin C.
Sweet Potato has been found very useful for health. Among its naturopathic uses are: treatment of cardiovascular diseases, improving blood sugar levels, increasing immunity, among others.
Here is a list of the health benefits of Sweet Potato:
• Increases immunity and strengthens the body.
• Prevents cardiovascular diseases.
• For pregnant women helps the formation of the fetus.
• It is anti-carcinogenic.
• Helps in digestive problems.
• Help with the problem of Ulcers.
• Relieves intestinal diseases.
• Promotes the formation of bones, nails, hair and sight.
• Helps normalize hypertension.
• Helps get rid of toxic waste.
• Improves cholesterol.
• Prevents and improves the symptoms of diabetes.
• Prevents the passage of free radicals.
• Combat asthma, rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis.
Uses of Sweet Potato.
The best way to use Sweet Potato is by eating this vegetable with your daily meals.
Add Sweet Potato to your diet and see the results.
Add it to a healthy diet, rich in carbohydrates, proteins and vegetables, but remember that you should not exceed your consumption.
It should be noted that you can also consume the purple sweet potato leaves, boiling them for 5 or 10 minutes. Let it sit and this incredible sweet potato infusion will be ready to consume.
WARNINGAvoid consuming Sweet Potato if you suffer from kidney stones or any other kidney problem.
Sweet Potato is a really effective food for:
• Eyesight: works the same as carrots, treats cataracts, night blindness and other vision problems.
• Stomach pain: Helps with easy digestion.
• Pregnancy: Thanks to its high content of vitamins, it helps to keep the fetus full of nutrients necessary for its growth.
• The Heart: It is efficient as it reduces cholesterol and circulation problems, it also helps regulate blood pressure and the symptoms of hypertension.
As you have seen, the benefits of sweet potato are innumerable.