Fireflies love humidity, so they live near swamps or in wooded areas. Its poetic intermittency of light is a beautiful dance in search of a partner, and finding them is always an important aesthetic experience.
Today we share some tips to attract them to your garden:
- A fountain or a pond: fireflies like water, they usually live in places where there are ponds, streams, rivers, swamps, or even places where there is little water such as puddles.
- Leave the mud: it is very useful for the larvae to immobilize their prey.
- Plant flowers: Although there are more than 2,000 varieties of fireflies, diversifying the pollen and nectar that they feed on is very wise.
- Trees, wood or firewood near a water source: they love to lay their eggs in these places.
- Overgrown grass: they prefer it that way so that they can hide from their predators.
- High places like shrubs and trees are desirable
- Low light in your garden: the less artificial light there is, the closer they will be.
- Use the fewest pesticides possible.