Home remedies to repel mosquitoes
Below we will tell you some of the most effective recipes for you to be able to keep out the annoying mosquitoes, which can ruin a quiet night or a dinner in the garden. The good thing is that since they are homemade and with natural ingredients, you can use them, if you have children or are allergic.
They say that it is the most effective repellent for mosquitoes. You will need baby shampoo, 1 liter of water and 30 units of cloves. Make an infusion with the cloves and the water, strain and pour into the shampoo until a homogeneous mixture is obtained. Apply to all skin that is exposed to insects (arms, face and feet).
For this recipe you will need 250 grams of eucalyptus leaves and 1 liter of water. Boil both ingredients for 45 minutes so that the leaves can release all their essence. When it is still hot, pour it in humid areas of the house and, especially, in the frames of the doors and the windows. This will prevent mosquitoes from entering.
You need 250 grams of chamomile flowers and water (required amount). Wash the chamomile well and rub it into the skin. Repeat every two hours.
It is advisable for babies and children because it is very gentle and effective. They are the favorites of mosquitoes, because they do not know how to defend themselves. The ingredients are: 100 ml of almond oil, 20 drops of geranium essence and 20 drops of basil essence. Make a mixture with all three and apply on the skin.
You need 100 ml of lavender oil and a skin moisturizer. Make a mixture with both and apply directly. You will feel freshness and protect yourself from mosquitoes.
They say that it is one of the elements that most repels mosquitoes and other insects. You can get their oil as a spray, lotion, and wipes to keep insects from bothering you and your family.
Eucalyptus repellent (recipe II)
The essential oil of eucalyptus has a very pleasant aroma and is effective in keeping mosquitoes from approaching you. Apply to the skin and repeat after 6 hours. You can mix with thyme, pennyroyal, basil and lemon oils to reinforce the benefits.
Oil and alcohol repellent recipe
Chemicals can be harmful to you and your family's health. Therefore, natural repellants are the best option. In addition, it is proven that they are the most effective and above all, economical. In this case, a very good and popular recipe to repel mosquitoes, flies, fleas and ticks consists of:
• between 10 and 25 drops of essential oil (cinnamon, lemon, eucalyptus, citronella, castor)
• 2 tablespoons of oil (olive, sunflower or corn) or 2 tablespoons of alcohol (96 °, vodka)
Mix the two oils of your choice or with the alcohol. Rub directly onto skin and clothing. Be very careful not to get in contact with your eyes, nose, or mouth. Apply again every hour, if you swim or exercise, also if you have perspired while in contact with the sun. Store the repellent bottle in a cool, dark place. To make it more consistent, you can add aloe vera gel oil.
Other tips to repel mosquitoes
• Place several mint leaves in the yard, garden, or indoors. You can mash them with a few drops of water to release more odor.
• Always have a fresh basil plant (you can grow it in a small pot without problems) and place it in the rooms so that mosquitoes do not enter. This aromatic plant is not liked by insects, that is why it is also used in orchards as a “living fence”.
• Put some water and some chopped garlic cloves in a bowl. Let it marinate for a few hours and pour into a spray. Spray throughout the house, especially on curtains and corner of doors and windows. The sulfur in garlic repels mosquitoes, flies, ticks, and fleas.
• Consume large amounts of vitamin C per day, especially if you are outdoors. It is soluble and does not accumulate in the body, so you will eliminate more sweat, hated by mosquitoes.
• Place a glass of vinegar by the window. The strong smell will make no insects want to approach, much less enter.
• Eat foods rich in B vitamins, such as lentils, almonds, and mushrooms.
• Use bunches of spike or basil as a "mosquito repellent".
• Other interesting oils as mosquito repellants are castor, rosemary, pine, verbena, thyme, cloves, geranium and cedar.
Better with health