By Lizzy Daecher
Of the many mechanisms that operate within the human body, the immune system is an excellent example of complex efficiency. They participate in it, a network of cells and organs, which synchronize their responses to defend the body from infection and disease. The immune system has the ability to remember diseases it has fought against, and produce secretions and prepared cells to effectively defend the body against a recurrence. In addition, it has an advanced communication system that allows it to trigger an immediate response to an emergency situation, and act according to the severity of the infection. Once immune cells are activated, they produce substances that recruit other cells and guide them to the site under attack, while controlling the behavior and growth of the attack.
However, transgenic products in food, herbicide residues in food, radioactivity, or vaccines with genetically engineered viruses and other harmful chemicals, can induce a failure in the system causing an inappropriate response to substances or cells. that are native to the body.
If the appearance of autoimmune diseases manifests, a drug intervention will be required to suppress the natural response.
Helping the body's defense system
Many people were blessed with a set of genes that guarantee a strong immune system. However, there are others not so fortunate, who must work to improve their immunity through adequate nutrition, enough rest, a healthy and active lifestyle, lots of sun and less stress.
Recent studies have shown that it is possible to significantly improve the immune system by avoiding bad habits and leaving processed foods aside.
Cleaning plays a vital role: Cleaning is not only recognized as the best preventive medicine, but its practice can also reduce infections and diseases. This translates into significant economic, environmental, and social benefits.
The properties of antibiotics and vaccines as resources to strengthen the body's defenses have been denied by recent findings. Lately, antibiotics have been shown to attack beneficial stomach bacteria and suppress immune functions.
Organic foods, which naturally stimulate the immune system
Healthy foods are an important factor in the body's defenses since the immune system is highly dependent on the stomach. Malnourished individuals are more susceptible to illness than people whose diet is nutritious.
1. Echinacea - Echinacea It is an herb popularly known for strengthening immunity. Combined with goldenseal, another herb, or just enjoyed in tea, this natural food prevents and treats upper respiratory tract infections as well as the common cold.
2. Ginseng - This herb has many varieties. The most studied variety is Panax, also known as Korean ginseng. Its main active component, ginsenosides, has anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer properties. Clinical studies showed that it can improve immune and psychological functions as well as some conditions related to diabetes.
3. Garlic - This spice has a long history of medicinal value. In a recent study by Dr. Ellen Tattelman, assistant professor at the Albert Einstein School of Medicine at Yeshiva University, New York, it was confirmed that garlic is effective in fighting cardiovascular disorders. It is also antimicrobial and antineoplastic.
4. Sweet Pepper, Chili, Bell Pepper, - This variety of peppers do not contain capsaicin, unlike their cousins. On the contrary, they are sweet and crunchy and contain carotenoid lycopene that reduces the risk of cancer; beta-carotene that is converted into vitamin A; and zeaxanthin, known to prevent cataracts and macular degeneration.
5. Ginger - This vegetable was shown to reduce inflammation, fight cardiovascular disease, blood clots, and cholesterol. According to an animal study, those who ingested ginger extract significantly lowered cholesterol and improved blood clotting. Furthermore, ginger has been shown to inhibit the behavior of genes related to inflammation.
6. Turmeric- This spice contains curcumin, which has remarkable antioxidant properties. It is antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and relaxing, producing benefits for the stomach. It stimulates the adrenal glands to increase the hormone that decreases inflammation. Animal studies revealed that turmeric protects the liver from the adverse effects of alcohol and certain toxins. Turmeric is also helpful in digestive problems as it stimulates the flow of bile.
7. Gingko Biloba - It has antioxidant compounds called bilobalides and ginkgolides that protect the body from damage caused by free radicals. It is also effective as a radiation protector. In an animal study, ginkgo functioned as a shield against radiation poisoning. The latest research also suggests that the extracts of this herb can neutralize oxidative agents and free radicals produced in cells by the effects of radiation, thus preventing cell death. In fact, NaturalNews recently reported that ginkgo extracts reduce brain damage by up to 50 percent.
8. Ganoderma- This is a bitter mushroom also known as reishi. For a long time it was popular in Chinese Medicine for providing health care and longevity. Additional studies on this oriental herb reveal that it strengthens immunity and fights cancer. In addition, it has antioxidant properties and provides relief from urinary tract infections.
9. Bone (Astralagus) - Also from China, this herb stimulates the immune system and assists digestion and adrenal gland functions. It is also a diuretic. The effectiveness of this herb is due to polysaccharides, saponins, and flavonoids. It has also been used to fight the common cold and flu. Its benefits for digestive health: Reduction of heartburn, subsequent increase in the body's metabolic rates and elimination of waste.
10. Cat's claw - This herb from Peru is mainly used to solve stomach problems. However, little by little it is becoming more known for its exceptional quality as a stimulator of the immune response. Helps the body fight infections and degenerative diseases. Contains oxindole alkaloids that increase the immune system's ability to engulf and destroy pathogens.
Enjoy a healthy life, with cost-effective, organic solutions to keep your immune system levels optimal. Rest well, have a positive outlook on life, and stay happy! EcoPortal.net
Sources for this article: